fresh from our herb garden.
2 cups dry whole wheat couscous
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup diced apricots
1/2 cup dried currants, raisins, cranberries or cherries (we used currants)
3/4 cup chopped green onions (or chives fresh from the garden)
1/2 cup chopped, toasted pistachios (we used almond slices and pine nuts)
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1. In a medium sized pot combine water, salt and 1/2 Tbs. olive oil.
2. Bring to a boil on the stove top. As soon as water comes to a boil,
take off heat and add couscous.
3. Let stand for 5 minutes and fluff with a fork.
4. Transfer couscous to a large mixing bowl
5. Add diced apricots, currants, green onions (or chives), nuts, fresh
mint, lemon juice, remaining olive oil, cinnamon and cumin to bowl.
6. Toss well to combine all ingredients evenly.
Serves approximately 8 - 1 cup servings
Fat 7 gm
Fiber 5 gm
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 302 mg